Thursday 30 January 2014

KLOGR - Black Snow

So who are Klogr and what can you expect from them and their new album, Black Snow? Well to start with they are an Italian alternative outfit, formed in 2011, have released 2 previous records and toured Europe extensively including a performance at Sweden Rock Festival last year. So it comes as no surprise to me how well put together and tight the latest release is, personally I'm hoping to hear their name more often this year when I'm in rock and metal loving circles.

As always I have my favourites as with any album and for once one of them happens to also be the single! Draw Closer is the first single from the album and will be unleashed on February 4th. I love this track, it has
a dark, alternative, electronic rock feel to it. I've just made that genre up but it has such an eclectic mix of sounds I couldn't describe it any other way. Throughout Black Snow, Klogr are speaking out about the destruction that we humans are causing to our world and in particular the track Heart Breathing really emphasises what they are trying to say. I’m all for a song that represents a cause and speaks about social and economic problems and this album doesn’t give me just one but twelve.

For a sneak peek at the album, check out the video below. March 11 is the official release date of Black Snow and after that, Klogr will be going on a 23 date tour with American metal band Prong.






I reckon fans of Perfect Circle, RED, Smile Empty Soul and perhaps even Blue Stahli will appreciate the beautiful melodic darkness that Klogr brings. I think they're going places and hopefully you'll agree, so start spreading that name around...K LOG R, K LOG R!!


To learn more about then why not use the following links:

Facebook
YouTube
Website



No comments:

Post a Comment