Tuesday 28 January 2014

BlackWolf - New Album & Tour Dates



Initially this was going to be an 'Introducing' post, but BlackWolf don't quite fit the bill because they've already been gathering some epic momentum and touring with established names like Reckless Love, Jettblack and VooDoo Six. If you’re into classic and hard rock ‘n’ roll, or listen to bands like Airbourne, Western Sand, or even Mr Big, then BlackWolf may be for you. 

Formed 2012 in Bristol, BlackWolf are; Scott Sharp (vocals), Jason Cronin (rhythm guitar), John Greenhill (lead guitar), Ben Webb (bass) and Thomas Lennox-Brown (drums), and are a band to be watched in 2014. They call themselves “Soulful, Boot-Stompin', Blues-Fused, Hip-Swingin', Swagger-Laden Hard Rock'n'Roll” and they definitely live up to it. You’d be hard pushed, or not have a musical bone in your body, to stand still listening to them.





Above is a new video for the track Mr Maker off their first full length album, The Hunt. The album which was made with the help of fans and friends via PledgeMusic last year, is due to be released on March 2nd which coincides nicely with them touring as The Answer’s special guests. 




I've been listening to the album myself recently and there are a few tracks which stand out to me, but of course these are just my opinions so you'll have to go get the album for yourself!
  • House of Emerald Wine - This track in particular has some guitar solos, which made me wish I was able to jam along. (I'd probably need to learn to play in order to do that though!) 
  • Black Hole Friend - To me, this is the catchy song, the one that gets stuck in your head and that's mostly down to the bass I think, as it really hooked me in and kept me listening.
  • Sea of Mercy - Couldn't have picked a better track to end on, powerful finish to a hard hitting album.
For more information on the band, you can go to Facebook or their own website and maybe I will see some of you at their show in Southampton on March 10th. 



No comments:

Post a Comment